How to Burn Belly Fat and get a Flat Stomach
When it comes to burning belly fat you need to class yourself in one of two catagories. One being you are a really busy person with a stressful lifestyle or two being you are very chilled out person with a more sedentary lifestyle.
If you are person number one, usually your belly fat is stored because your cortisol levels are high due to stress. Cortisol directly influences your insulin levels and metabolism. So the best way to combat the bulge is to relax, mediate or do yoga. Such as these Yoga Sequences or Meditation.
If you are person number two, usually your belly fat is stored due to lack of movement, so you need to energize yourself. The best way for you lose the belly fat is to due Tabata workouts or HIIT workouts. Theses are quick burst of movements quickly raising your heart rate, followed by short rest periods to catch your breath. Luckily, since these workout are intense they are quite short. So 15-20 mintues will really do the trick. Try my Tabata/Hitt workouts.
If you don’t feel like you fit the description for either of these characters lets look closer at your diet. Do you eat a lot of foods that are easily digestible for your body or foods that create inflammation in the body? Easily digestible foods are whole foods like vegetables, fruits, grains (quino or buckwheat) nuts etc. Foods that create inflammation are high in sugars, trans fats, saturated fats and are highly processed like candy bars, ready meals, french fries and red wine.
- Natural organic peanut butter
- Dark chocolate 70% cocoa or higher
- Green veggies – broccoli, spinach, kale
- Fish and Lean meats
- Protein Powder
- Almonds and other nuts
- Green Tea
- Edamame beans
- Ginger and tumeric
- Garlic and onions
- Coconut oil
- Red wine
- Soda or sugary drinks
- Ready Meals
- Fast food and take away meals
- French fries and other deep fried foods
- Milk Chocolate
- Candy and cookies
- Bakery goods – bagels, pastries, donuts,
- Corn products
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
So now you know what exercise to do or not to do. You also know what foods will help you burn belly fat and which foods will pack it on. Let’s also talk about a few guidelines to set yourself up for success.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day. Many times when we get hungry we are actually thirsty. So have a glass of water first.
- Have protein for breakfast.
- Have protein within 30 minutes of finishing your workout. Preferably a protein shake as it is quickly digestible.
- Try to cook most of you meals yourself.
- Make the bulk of your meals veggies, with a small portion of lean protein and healthy fats.
- If you have a sweet tooth, make your own deserts. There are so many nutritious raw deserts.
- Try to stop eating 2 hours before beditme.
- Get a good night’s sleep. People who don’t get enough sleep craze sugary snacks to keep them awake.
- Finally “get happy.” Emotions hugely impact your body’s ability to burn fat. The happier you are the better your body with function and perform.
So, I need your help. I am the stressful person; number 1. I haven’t tried yoga or anything like that yet. I really love your video’s, they really help. Okay, let’s get to the point.. I do have a flat stomach and I do have abs. I am 15 years old. You cannot see my abs because of the small layer of fat/skin above it.
Question number 1: How do I know if that layer is fat or skin?
Question number 2: If it is skin, how do I get it to leave my belly? Because my belly isn’t tight because of this, and I would like it to be tight so you can see my abs. If it is fat, I’ll be sure to do your workouts 😉
I hope you will answer my questions! Thank you!
You can measure skin folds with fat calipers. That is the easiest way to know if you are carrying excess fat in a certain area. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWuTxO7sdw8&spfreload=10
And check out: When will I see my abs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sib8fbILYGY&spfreload=10
Best workouts for weight loss are my Tabata workouts. Follow this link to my playlist for fat burning workouts: http://youtu.be/ICa2ru1B58k?list=PLC7F8AEB9ED4B9AF8